- 3713 Kensington Ave, Burnaby, BC V5B 0A7, Canada
Registered Massage Therapist
Fortius Sport & Health is an integrated athlete development centre strengthened through philanthropy and focused on optimizing athlete performance for life. Situated in Burnaby, B.C., we are home to a state-of-the-art training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, sport science lab, sport medicine institute, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our integrated team of sport medicine and science practitioners share their complementary expertise to deliver precise, customized treatment and training plans for athletes of all ages and abilities, under one roof.
Learn more at www.fortiussport.com.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes* achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
Our mission is to optimize athlete* performance for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts within an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Game Changing. Life Changing.
The Fortius Institute is seeking top sport medicine and exercise science practitioners from multiple disciplines who desire to work in an integrated environment, in a collaborative way and with an over-arching commitment to innovation.
We are looking to hire a Massage Therapist on a full-time basis. ( Four days per week, six hours per day and availability for Saturdays)
If you are a Massage Therapist who is interested in joining a team where everyone is committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research and the delivery of integrated services and programs we would love to hear from you.
Provide Massage Therapy services for clients within the Fortius Institute. Individuals may also be actively involved in the development of Professional Practice programs and services for Fortius Sport and Health.
- Provide assessment, consultation, treatment and follow-up of patients within the Fortius Institute
- Communicate and collaborate with other practitioners and members of the Fortius Institute team
- Maintain expert knowledge of all Fortius Institute policies , procedures and protocols and College Guidelines
- Maintain accurate and complete patient records
- Participate in department meetings ,clinical training, and in-services
- Maintain a strong professional presence in the community
- Assist with assessing quality of patient care
- Participate in clinical studies and research activities as required
- Supervise students/interns as required
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Skills & Experience:
- Possess and maintain Massage Therapy Certification
- Graduate of a College of Massage Therapy diploma program
- Registered Massage Therapist in good standing with the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia
- Required to maintain adequate malpractice insurance
- Working with athletes and or sport injury experience is considered an asset
- New grads will be considered
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The chosen candidate must either be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a Temporary Foreign Worker with an Open Work permit. All candidates that do not possess the proper legal documents to work in Canada will not be considered.
As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.
Please contact: Erin Reid at Erin.Reid@fortiussport.com