RMT Job Posting – The ScoliClinic
Location – VANCOUVER (210-3369 Fraser), NORTH VAN (203-267 West Esplanade), SURREY (118-12414 82nd Ave)
PART TIME or FULL TIME available positions at all locations.
The ScoliClinic is British Columbia’s only Physiotherapy clinic dedicated solely to kids, teens, and adults with Scoliosis, Scheuermann’s Kyphosis, and other spinal deformities. We provide treatments that are individualized and specific to each client’s spinal curvature and presentation.
Due to high demand, we are expanding our services to include a Registered Massage Therapist!
We are looking for an RMT interested in deepening his/her understanding of the fascinating, complex, 3-dimensional nature of scoliosis. We believe that our sum is greater than our parts, and we’re looking to add a team member who will exponentially increase our impact on our clients.
With our main clinic location in Vancouver (Fraser and 18th Ave), a NEW location in North Vancouver (near Lonsdale Quay), and a satellite location in Hodgson Orthopedic Group in Surrey, this is an exciting opportunity to get involved with a unique, progressive, and fast-growing rehabilitation company! The ScoliClinic has an exciting vision for growth in the near future that we’re looking forward to sharing with you.
Want a better sense of our culture and what we do?
Check out our Instagram: @thescoliclinic
Massage Therapist Duties and recommended/important/appreciated/associated attributes
• Interpreting client X-Rays, so attention to detail is a must
• Planning and providing scoliosis-specific treatment, so strong clinical reasoning is required
• Electronic documentation of client treatment sessions, so high words-per-minute is helpful
• Educating clients and families on many aspects of scoliosis, so strong teaching and communcation skills are a must
• Liasing with client’s wellness network (coaches, personal trainers, pilates instructors, PTs, physicians, surgeons, and more!) so a open-minded, collaborative demeanor is helpful
– Participate in teaching engagements and community events, so if you like to socialize, this is for you!
• deepen your training in an under-recognized area of rehabilitation that is in high demand
• Opportunity to innovate and develop the Massage Therapy branch of The ScoliClinic
• Receive support through a structured 1:1 mentorship program
• Weekly ‘Wisdom Wednesday’ meetings with the whole team
• Become involved with teaching opportunities
• Be a part of a fast-growing, innovative company that heavily focuses on operational efficiency to streamline therapists’ workload and optimize client experience
• Many opportunities for personal and professional growth, and contributions towards bigger picture projects
• Registered Massage Therapist
• Fully registered and in good standing with CMTBC
• Familiarity with Apple/Mac products and programs is favourable
• Experience with scoliosis is an asset, and willingness to learn more about the condition is required
• Clear, concise, straightforward communication – providing and receiving specific feedback to patients, parents, front desk, physiotherapist colleagues, and the clinic owner
• Effective conflict management
• Strong time management
• Team player; makes decisions with the team’s best interest at heart, not only one’s self
• Generally positive & respectful attitude and demeanor
• Coachable – accepts feedback and integrates it quickly into practice
This RMT will be hired as a comissioned employee, and therefore includes vacation pay, statutory holiday pay (if applicable), & CPP and EI contributions.
An educational credit is also available.
Commission is negotiable.
Please contact Andrea Mendoza at email@example.com to set up an informational session – we want to make sure that we’re the right fit for each other.