|Thank you for your interest in the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver; the first Shangri-La to open in a sequence of new and exciting properties in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA’s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of only five Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating.|
Our success depends 100% on the quality of our people. That’s why we are so demanding when we look for new employees, and why successful candidates find careers at Shangri-La so rewarding.
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La – Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Are you Shangri-La?
We are currently searching for a Registered Massage Therapist to join our Health Club/Spa team. Our ideal candidate will have a genuinely warm presence, friendly & sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, and outwardly gracious & humble. They will bring experience gained from within Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, or from within another world class hotel or resort. They would be a consummate hospitality professional who creates memorable moments for our guests and warmly and genuinely engages our guests and their fellow colleagues, keeping our workplace productive, professional and fun!
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you ready to be part of the best in the city? Are you Shangri-La?
Having an established, loyal clientele looking for a new higher level spa experience would be most helpful
- Functional Expertise – Highly knowledgeable on luxury spa standards, service expectations, treatments, origin of treatments and typical guest expectations
- Service Excellence– Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere, non-intrusive yet outgoing nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble
- Graceful demeanour – Demonstrates a peaceful, graceful, respectful demeanour that translates to a feeling of special care and attention while in the presence of others
- Detail oriented – Care and attention to fine details in a multi-tasking environment
- Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication with 100% fluency in English, with fine-tuned social skills
- Physical Requirements – Able to stand, reach, move for extended periods of time and have high hand, arm and upper body strength
- Relationship & Impression Management – Outstanding abilities to build and maintain relationships and demonstrated ability to make a naturally positive, lasting impression
- Decision making and problem solving – Responds promptly and reasonably when making decisions, ultimately ensuring successful problem resolution
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
- Ethical conduct and responsibility – Fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics, professionalism and complete confidentiality, with the utmost respect for privacy
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent with current Windows based programs and all systems used within department
- Successfully completed examinations from and registered by the College of Massage Therapists of BC
- Completed competency-based education at educational institution recognized by the Government of BC
- Completed at least 3,000 hours of training at an accredited college
- Maintained their registration by participating in continuing education
- Previous work experience in a similar capacity with a luxury spa, mandatory
- In-depth knowledge of international Spa treatments, procedures and operations
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at http://www.areyoushangri-la.com. Due to the volume of responses we will only contact those candidates we wish to pursue further.
Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver will only consider those candidates who currently possess the legal right to work in Canada. Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or be in active possession of an Open Work Permit. Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver is not able to sponsor international applicants.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
CHI the Spa invites you to view our promotional video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RlEOOFweXM