Application Deadline / Job Posting Closing Date:
November 6th, 2020 @ 5:00pm
About Kitimat Employment Agency:
At KVI’s Employment Agency, we take pride in connecting qualified people from all backgrounds of life to meaningful employment opportunities in and around the Kitimat/Terrace region. We accept applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of location, race & gender.
Kitimat is a beautiful community nestled in a valley on the North coast of BC. Surrounded by mountains, oceans & rivers, Kitimat attracts nature enthusiasts and urbanites alike! Kitimat offers all year-round access to adventure for all ages and intensity, including hiking, kayaking, world famous fishing, skiing, golfing, and so much more! The town is also known for having an abundant amount of park space, walking/hiking trails and recreational activity access, including tennis courts and indoor pools, waterslides & ice rinks.
With the recent launch of LNGC, Kitimat is growing quickly and local opportunities are booming! Visit http://www.tourismkitimat.ca/ or check out https://www.facebook.com/visitkitimat/ to explore why Kitimat might be make a great place to start your next adventure!
About Our Client & the Opportunity:
Our Client is a well-established, busy Spa & Clinic located in the heart of downtown Kitimat, BC. They offer a variety of services, and are looking to find a Registered Massage Therapist to join their team!
Reasons why you’ll LOVE this position:
| Competitive commission rates
Reception, booking (Booker) & billing are all provided
Provision of private treatment room, linens, laundry and supplies
| Employee discount (services and products)
City Centre location, ample free parking
Ongoing training and education
Working for an amazing team in an established spa!
Reporting to the Spa Manager/Owner, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer a professional, friendly and engaging service
- Perform massage while maintaining the client’s comfort at all times
- Perform 30, 45 and 60 minute massages as required
- Flexible working arrangements; you will be expected to work one evening per week and one weekend day per month
- Maintain a clean, hygienic and neat work environment at all times, ensuring all equipment is in safe working order
- Actively participate in other areas of the Spa Operation, product knowledge and retail sales
- Follow Vitality Spa policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
New Graduates Welcome!
- Certification from an accredited school of Massage required
- All professional B.C. licenses are to current
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing, bending and reaching throughout shift
- Occasional lifting a carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, bending and reaching throughout shift
- Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
How to Apply:
Kitamaat Valley Education Society is an equal opportunity employer who strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons. We invite and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, which include but are not limited to women, Indigenous persons, members of visible minority groups, and persons with disabilities. We ensure that all employees have meaningful employment that is ethical, fair, and free from discrimination or harassment. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.