Thank you for your interest in the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, the first Shangri-La to open in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA’s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of only five Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating.
Our success depends 100% on the quality of our people. That’s why we are so demanding when we look for new employees, and why successful candidates find careers at Shangri-La so rewarding. It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La – Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Are you Shangri-La?
We are currently searching for a Registered Massage Therapist to join our Spa team. Our ideal candidate will have a genuinely warm presence, friendly & sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, and outwardly gracious & humble. They will bring experience gained from a world class spa, hotel or resort. They would be a consummate hospitality professional who creates memorable moments for our guests and warmly and genuinely engages our guests and their fellow colleagues, keeping our workplace productive, professional and fun!
Please note that in order to be considered for this role, applicants must actively possess certification from the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you ready to be part of the best in the city? Are you Shangri-La?
JOB REQUIREMENTS: (include but are not limited to the following:)
- Welcome and greet guests, completes consultations and updates guest records, as required
- Interacts with guests to maintain close contact, actively seeking feedback regarding the guest experience, treatments and services offered at the spa with a goal to build business through positive relationships with guests
- Provides massage treatments and any additional treatment add-ons, in accordance with Spa standards
- Ensure treatments are completed in a consistent manner and in the timeframe allocated, immediately handling any guest complaints, as required
- Maintains the highest level of guest privacy and confidentiality
- Completes RMT administration at the end of each treatment including completion of guest records
- Maintains impeccable standards of room and personal cleanliness, safety and hygiene
- Monitors status of all equipment and notifies the Spa Management of defects, maintenance or repair needs, promptly recording equipment issues in the log-book
- Ensures rooms are fully stocked with professional products in designated treatment room, restocking as required
- Actively demonstrates teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
- Maintains excellent knowledge of all treatments provided in the spa, including products and treatment origins and keeps up-to-date on industry trends and luxury spa standards
- Ensures compliance to all hotel policies, programs and core practices
- Perform opening, closing and side duties, as assigned
- Adherence to the standards of professional practice, ethics and care as outlined by the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia and covered under the British Columbia Health Professions Act.
- Full Time employees must provide open availability and can expect to work up to 40 hours per week.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $79.80 + gratuities paid on a 60 minute treatment (combined hourly wage plus incentive)
- Participation in our extended health and dental benefits program (single or family plan)
- Participation in our retirement savings plan program
- Annual tuition reimbursement program to futher your personal development
- Colleagues receive significant discounts on Shangri-La Group hotels and restaurants internationally!
- Work in a Five Star and Five Diamond rated luxury hotel
- Grow your career with the Shangri-La Group – your opportunities are endless!
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at http://www.areyoushangri-la.com. Due to the volume of responses we will only contact those candidates we wish to pursue further.
Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver will only consider those candidates who currently possess the legal right to work in Canada. Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or be in active possession of an Open Work Permit. Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver is not able to sponsor international applicants.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
CHI the Spa invites you to view our promotional video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RlEOOFweXM