Our Mission: Trailblaze a sustainable psychedelic industry by creating next-generation psychedelic medicines, building safe, comfortable spaces for exploration, transformation and healing, and empowering people with tools to support their journey.
Our Vision: Empower anyone to ease their suffering and live life with more joy, wonder, and fulfillment.
Field Trip Health is looking for a Registered Massage Therapist to join our innovative psychedelic psychotherapy practice in Vancouver as an independent contractor. This position is a part-time commitment of 2-3 days/week. Field Trip’s program leverages cutting-edge research in psychedelic medicine with evidence-based practices to offer modern mental healthcare solutions. Incorporating adjunct body-based treatments such as massage therapy allows individuals participating in this treatment a holistic, person-centered approach to healing. We believe that healing does not happen in isolation and thus it is imperative when treating mental health conditions to also treat the physical manifestations of conditions that individuals may be experiencing. The ideal candidate for this position will be a warm, empathetic, detail-oriented individual with 2+ years of experience as an RMT and be well versed in providing trauma-informed care.
Field Trip is currently offering ketamine-assisted psychotherapy with the vision of incorporating other psychedelic therapeutics once FDA expanded access is granted.
Ketamine is emerging as an effective option in the treatment of depression, PTSD, and other mental health issues. Our philosophy is an integrative, collaborative approach emphasizing the importance of therapeutic alliances, cultivating self-agency, and creating optimal conditions through the set and setting to support a person’s inner healing intelligence. We believe that the biochemical antidepressant and neuroplastic properties of ketamine are amplified when a person is well prepared for their journey and results maximized when there is space for new insights and perspectives to be integrated into their life experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Registered Massage Therapist is an independent contractor who will provide body-based treatments for clients after a ketamine-assisted therapy treatment. As a Field Trip Massage Therapist, you have a desire to help clients work through physical and mental pain while expanding your knowledge and working as a member of a team devoted to caring for the individual as a whole.
- Conduct client intake to understand the client’s symptoms, and medical history
- Develop & provide a treatment plan in collaboration with the client and other relevant team members as required
- Develop a strong therapeutic relationship with the client
- Complete thorough, accurate documentation of client encounters
- Help to prepare exam and treatment rooms
- Uphold HIPAA laws and maintain patient files and other sensitive information
- Other duties as directed by the clinic manager (may include outreach to the greater RMT community)
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 2 years of recent clinical experience
- Current registration in good standing with the provincial licensing body (CMTBC)
- CPR certification preferred
- Trauma-Informed Care Training an asset
- Knowledge of somatic experiencing and how this relates to trauma stored in body preferred
- Able to bring a mindful presence to a sometimes fast-paced environment
- Integrated, lived experiences informing clinical competencies are acknowledged and welcomed
- A grounded, empathetic and warm presence
- A client-centered, trauma-informed approach to care
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with adversity and an active commitment to personal growth
- Understanding of the physical and psychological effects of psychedelics, including ketamine an asset
- Passion for learning
- Excellent organization skills, highly proficient at managing multiple priorities
- Works well independently and is solutions-oriented
At Field Trip Health, we accept, celebrate, support, and thrive on the difference for the benefit of our patients, our employees, our products, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace