RMT Program – Entrance Requirements
As an accredited training college that is Approved by PTIB and Recognized by CMTBC, Vancouver College of Massage Therapy keeps high entrance standards to ensure that our grads – and their certifications – are among the best in the world.
- Successfully complete a personal interview with a VCMT representative
- Grade 12 Education or BC Adult Graduation Diploma, or equivalent
- Successfully complete VCMT’s Introductory Massage Workshop, or equivalent
- Secure a document-clear Criminal Record Check (VCMT). Any future changes or convictions for criminal offenses must be reported and would require a new criminal record check authorization
- Meet the health requirements listed on the ‘VCMT Health Assessment Form’
- Meet one of the following English Language requirements:
- Complete English 12 with a final mark of at least 70%, or equivalent; or
- Complete ABE Provincial level English, with a final mark of 70%; or
- Achieve one of the following minimums: PLI (Level 5), IELTS (6.5), CAEL (60) or TOEFL Int (85); or
- Successfully complete 2 years of full-time studies at an English-speaking college/university; or
- Complete the VCMT English Essay Assessment with a minimum score of 70%.
- Have immunization or immunity against all diseases listed in VCMT’s ‘Immunization and Communicable Disease Form’.
* A Portfolio is considered advantageous to submit. It may include supportive documentation or evidence indicating the applicant’s level of readiness and commitment to complete the RMT training program successfully. It may include items such as: Post-Secondary degrees, certifications or courses, relevant work experience, volunteer experience, reference letters or resumes, etc.
For more information on VCMT admission requirements and student policies, please consult our Student Manual and Policy Guide
To book a personal interview with a college representative, please contact Admissions set up an appointment.
International Students would follow the same application process as domestic students. However, if they haven’t completed 2 years of full-time studies at an English speaking college/university or completed English 12 at 70% or above, they would be required to complete an English test such as an IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
Upon acceptance, they would receive a letter of acceptance that is conditional based on receiving their study permit. They would be required to provide their study permit to the school a minimum of one month prior to the start of the program in order to retain their acceptance.